Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Birthday Girl

Mia has a 102 degree fever and our fun pajama book exchange party is officially canceled. So, if you are as obsessive compulsive as me and check blogs before 8 AM, please don't come over this morning, the party is off. And judging from the looks of Mia, she could care less.
3


2

1

October 8, 2004

I can't believe that at this moment 4 years ago I wasn't a mother. I am pretty sure my house was cleaner, my nails were done, and I was well rested. I am also pretty sure I had not yet comprehended unconditional love. I'll give up a good nights sleep for that any day.

10 comments:

suzspeaks said...

poor Mia! I hope she feels better soon!!

KSKH said...

Happy Birthday Mia and feel better!!

Gena said...

Poor little birthday girl. We'll bring her and mommy birthday drinks later. Call you on my way over.

jenn b said...

Poor girl! We almost had to cancel Kayla's too due to an unfortunate stomach thing. But, both my kids ran fevers around 103 last week with no other symptoms. I called the doctor and they said it's just another virus and may or may not come with some stomach upset. Luckily, it only lasted about 24 hours for each of them so hopefully that's all it is and she'll be rearin' to go again real soon!
BTW, I don't think I've ever commented on your blog before but it's one of my favorites! ;)

Sheree Franks said...

Give it another four years and the house bounces back to a cleaner state. Happy BD Mia.

Andi Hawkins said...

Poor Mia... I hope she feels better fast so she can enjoy her day.

Birthday drinks?? Whoa Gena, she's only four. ;-)

Candice said...

Sick on her birthday!!!??? Something not fair about that! Feel better and Happy Birthday! Get yourself a grande carmel macchiatto (Summer) :).

Meredith said...

Sick on your birthday and no party? That will make for a very sad, dramatic tale for Mia to tell. Hope she feels better soon!

Lisa said...

I hate that she's sick...hate it for both of you. Hopefully she can figure out a way to milk this for all it's worth over the weekend.

Marilyn said...

So sorry Mia! Get better quick! We missed you today!