Thursday, September 27, 2007
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (if you don’t have a blog, email me)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I am so tired right now that my arms and legs feel numb - is that normal?
2. I love Diet Cokes with vanilla from Sonic more than any other food or drink on the planet. I also love fried pickles from Flat Tire Burger but I am blaming those for me going into labor (only a few hours after eating them) therefore I am boycotting them right now.
3. I never made Mia cry herself to sleep until she was 6 months old. Bode is doing it right now. I feel like a terrible mother.
4. I love working at OC and really miss it. I feel like my passion is college students. Speaking of...I am halfway through my masters in college student affairs and I am secretly dreading starting up again in the spring, although I will tell anyone who asks that I am looking forward to it (why do I do that?).
5. I love to entertain and cook for others but I hate cooking for my own family. I don't know why. My best guess is that I can usually tell that Andy doesn't really like what I make, although he is always polite and eats it anyway.
6. I swim laps in the OC pool almost every morning at 6 AM. After all these years I am still not used to getting up that early, although I never regret it once I do.
7. My relationships with my friends are vitally important to me. I actually had no idea how important they were until I had kids. If I go too long without seeing them I start to feel depressed.
8. I had always secretly promised myself that I would not do these kinds of posts on my blog. I was trying to do this blog for my kids and didn't want to write a post that didn't include them. But we all know that this blog is really for me, I am just using the kids as an excuse.
And in case some of you are judging me for #3 (you know you are), Bode is sleeping peacefully.
I am tagging Katie McDowell, Andrea Rieger, Amy Carnagey, Elizabeth Mullins, Andrew Silvestri, Tara Hobbs, Tonya Tuggle, and Dara Tinius
Friday, September 21, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
Notice how jacked up the little play mat is. That is what we get for throwing it in the attic without even the slightest thought that we might be using it again someday. We really are morons sometimes (everyone knows you have more than one kid). Poor Bode, all his stuff is going to either be broken or chewed to pieces.
Bode discovers himself and is pleased.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
And I finally figured out how to get all of us ready and out the door by 9:15 AM. It goes something like this:
4:00 AM - feed Bode, get a shower and get ready as fast as I possibly can (all the while running back and forth from the moses basket to the bathroom in next to nothing to make sure Bode isn't screaming)
5:00 -7:00 AM - pump, eat cereal, pick up living room, check e-mail, and I think I might have blacked out at some point
7:30 - go in Mia's room to find her hiding in the closet. Immediately turn into Mommy Nazi and rush her straight to the bathroom to start the long process of getting her ready.
7:32 - Bode screams, try to put him in his sling, he hates it, screams more. Mia screams at me to make Bode stop screaming. I scream at her to quit screaming.
8:15 - plop Mia down in front of TV, get her a bowl of peanut butter and a spoon (her request this time, I promise), start nursing Bode
9:00 - get car loaded, take adorable pictures (see above)
9:15 - get kids in the car, Mia announces that she has to poop and it can't wait
9:16 - get Mia out of car, think lots of bad thoughts that I must repent for later, make decision to leave Bode in the car, plop Mia on toilet, run back to car to make sure mass murderer hasn't stolen my kid, run back to bathroom, make sure Mia is appropriately cleaned, put her back in the car
9:20 - we are finally on our way
See, it is that easy!