Friday, January 21, 2011

Warning: The use of hand-towels will result in punishment by flu.

Paper-towels have replaced all kitchen and hand towels for the time being.  I realize this is a very ungreen, tree killing, wasteful thing to do.  I do not care.  The sooner we are released from this prison the better.  And if I have to fill up an entire landfill in the process, so be it.

And here is the annoying thing:  Bode feels just fine.  Hasn't had the slightest sign of a fever since Wednesday night.  
(I told Bode that spinach smoothies are medicine and unless he drinks them up he may never leave the house again.  Sucker.)

But heaven forbid I go anywhere with him because I will come under the wrath of "mommy judgement."  You know, the eyes rolling back in the head and the muttering, "Oh my gosh, I can't buh-lieve she is out with that sick child.  The neeeeeerve. "

And I understand because I have been guilty of the same thing myself.  It's one of the few times as a parent that we actually feel like we are doing a slightly better job than someone else.  (Which, I'm convinced, is the only reason Toddlers and Tiaras is so popular.  It's the only reason I watch it.)

And then if anyone in the metro-area comes down with the flu I will be blamed and I will actually feel sort of guilty about it like it was a little bit my fault.

I digress...

In other news, this girl is feeling a little neglected.  She actually has to go to school and piano and church.  Oh the humanity!

 A lot of our conversations end with Mia stomping off to her room these days.  I'm terrified at what the future holds.
I also realized that I forgot to brush Bode's teeth yesterday (and maybe the day before) so I predict next week will include some kind of emergency baby tooth root canal.

At this point, nothing would surprise me.


3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I'm thinking that list is for Andy tomorrow so you can escape for a while???

Gena said...

See you Monday or Tuesday. And I forbid anyone to blame you for contracting the flu virus. Now, if I get it, I know that it came from Bode who touched the book that I can not put down. Mwahahahahah.

Alyssa said...

Just catching up on all my blog reading and oh. my. I don't know what to say...but the list of meds is enough to want to crawl into the closet with a chocolate bar. This too shall pass?