Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ear infections, Strep, and the Flu

And that's just one kid.  

So this weekend Bode started getting this nasty looking STD on his face.  I e-mailed a picture of it to my doc and after he vomited in his mouth a little bit, he prescribed two antibiotics.  The next day Bode has a 103 degree temperature.  And he won't eat.  And he is coughing All. Night. Long.

One e-mail to the doc and an office visit later we have an ear infection, a nasty strep face, and a positive flu test.  A trifecta of hideous illnesses.  Yippee!
You know how sometimes you want to curl up in a closet with a chocolate bar and box of kleenex?

Well, this is one of those times. 

Today, parenting = fail.

8 comments:

Kayla said...

So sorry! That does not look or sound fun at all...

The Seat House said...

Oh man. I saw u going into doc. We had to go back too this morn and now we r back at hospital for more fluids. Fun times. I figured he was bad if u were going in before 1 like we were. Praying for him.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, I am so sorry - you guys have been hit hard lately!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Summer! Poor thing! I think you need a StarbucksASAP!!! Hope everyone gets well soon!!!

Lisa said...

Not good. Not good at all. I think you need a vacation ... by yourself!

maresa said...

I'm turning my guest room into a psych-ward. I'm ready when you are.

Gena said...

Raegan said a prayer request IN DETAIL for the Bodester at church tonight. I think she even deferred to Scott because she had forgotten one of the gory details. I'm just glad that she forgot the term 'strep face' that Erick and I were laughing/gagging over at dinner. On that note.....

OK Chick said...

Poor guy. I hope he gets better soon, and I hope you had some Starbucks.