Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My personal favorite

Last week, my family had an estate sale at Ahmo's place. Basically, I watched my childhood disappear in about 3 hours. It was so weird. 


The fun part about getting things ready for the sale was coming across all kinds of treasures. My grandmother, Ahmo, saved a splinter that she took out of my uncle's foot when he was a kid. She literally taped it to a piece of paper and put the date on it. 

Kind of awesome and kind of weird. Ok, mostly weird.


I found every picture, letter, or card I ever sent the woman. And I also found this little piece of prose I wrote when I was eight years old:
"Halfly" is my new favorite word. My only regret is that I haven't used it since I was eight. That's about to change.

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

LOL - so creative even at 8! Or was it the truth?