Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lucky number 13? Let's certainly hope so.

Yesterday, while signing and dating a "your contract fell through again, you suckers" form I realized it was our 13th anniversary.  And then I sent Andy a text to remind him.  

It doesn't get much more romantic than that.  

Or so I thought.

And then, late last night as I was leaving my statistics class (AKA the death of me) I got the most wonderful surprise - my sweet family sitting in the lobby of the Applied Behavioral Studies Hall with all these goodies:
 According to my kids it's not a celebration without some "tiny little baby organs."  

And then I realized it doesn't get much better than this: My sweet husband taking care of our children so I can pursue a dream.  He makes lunches, and signs homework folders, and feeds and bathes and tucks-in our babies without a single complaint.  And he finds Starburst Jelly Beans when its not even Easter season and loads up the kids at 9:00 at night and tracks down my building and waits outside my classroom door and lets my children give me a home-made anniversary card.

Now that's romantic.

6 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Pretty sweet. I want to see you wearing that headband.

Verna said...

Aww! You guys are cute! Happy Anniversary!

Gena said...

He's the best. Given this month's circumstances, we'll let it slide that he didn't present these to you in true scavenger hunt fashion with a trip to Disney trying it all together.

Gena said...

***TYING it all together......

Catherine said...

Yes, yes it is.

Kayla said...

I've been dying for a handmade card!!! He's a keeper!!