Friday, August 26, 2011

Leapin' Lizards!

I have Mia has some exciting news that I she has been anxiously waiting to share.
Mia auditioned for Annie last week. Andy and I downplayed the whole Annie thing and focused on what a good experience this audition would be.  Because, I'll be honest, I didn't really think she had a chance.
After call backs, and more call backs, and then more call backs my her dream came true.
I kid you not, this little girl rocked it.  And I have never seen her more excited about anything in her life.  I think she called every person in my phone at 10:00 PM to share the news.
And the person she was the most excited to tell, of course, was her Daddy.  
She literally attacked him when he walked through the door.
He was so proud he threw her on top of the refrigerator (for some reason my kids think this is awesome).
And about 11:00 PM when we both she finally settled down enough to go to sleep I walked by to find this beloved sign on her door.
If you don't see me around, it's because the theater had to take a restraining order out on me to keep me from showing up at all the practices in a red, curly wig it's because we are going to be really, really busy.

Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness!

10 comments:

Kayla said...

AWESOME!!! We want to watch so be sure and let us know!!!

Lori said...

As soon as I saw the title, I thought, ANNIE! How exciting!!! Who is putting it on? That's the Homecoming musical for Harding this year too. One of our favorites.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

One of the greatest joys you will have as a parent is watching your child do something well! So thankful your family gets this opportunity! Just remember that when you are driving her back and forth at 10 p.m. night after night! :)

Alyssa said...

Fantastic!

Gena said...

So proud of that little stinker. I guess that late night owl stuff might come in handy come November.

Amanda said...

Where will the permformances be? Way to go, Mia!!!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That is wonderful! Let us know when she performs for sure!

OK Chick said...

That's great!!! I can't wait to see her in another play.

Linda W. said...

Congratulations, Mia! You will be a GREAT Molly! You are going to have so much fun! Kristen and I can't wait to come and see you perform.

sonorthend said...

Congrats Mia! And when she's done with that sign I would love borrow it!