Friday, June 10, 2011

Love and marriage

Mia's been asking about those two subjects lately.  Specifically "how do you know who you want to marry?"

Me:  Well, there is this thing called love.  But don't waste your time trying to find it, let it find you. And on that note, Daddy and I really don't want you to date until college.  You're brain won't really be functioning correctly in high school so you can't trust your decision making skills.

Mia:  And how do they ask you and how do you know they are asking you?

Me:  There will be a ring, and if he borrowed the money from his parents to buy it or if it was financed say, "No, thank you."  Let me tell you a story about a beautiful afternoon in Prague, on a bridge.  Wait, come in my room and look at the painting on the wall, oh and here's a picture, and if you look closely that's right where your Dad was standing, and then there was this huge sign, oh let me tell you about this sign, I was...
Mia:  Never-mind, Mom, I'm going to play with my barbies now.

Me:  FINE!!!  It's your loss!


(Who's the 6-year-old now?)

4 comments:

Becca D. said...

Haha! i'm a little disappointed. I thought it was the beginning of a lovely story, but maybe I've already played too much barbies today.

Team Andrews said...

I want to hear the story!! Sounds pretty amazing!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, do tell! Beautiful setting.

sonorthend said...

The Prague story is better than our "we met a mutual friend to see "Jack the Ripper: The Musical"...

I'm not worried though, Liam thinks kissing is gross right now.