Thursday, October 7, 2010

Does this look like a kid who hates school?

Yah, that's what I thought.
 Yet every single Tuesday and Thursday he insists on having the obligatory I-hate-school-and-i'll-die-if-you-make-me-go-there fit.

It's eerily similar to his I-hate-bible-class-and-I'll-die-if-you-make-me-go-there fit and the many I-hate-everything-else-my-parents-want-me-to-do fits.

After a while they kind of start to lose their effectiveness, although they have yet to lose their annoyanceness (Is that a word?  I really don't care if it is or not.).
And wonder of wonders, these melt-downs seemed to always be followed by a Hi-Mommy-I-had-a-great-time-and-I-am-so-glad-you-forced-me-to-go-to-this-place greeting at the end of the day.

When will this kid finally learn that Mothers are always right?

2 comments:

kj said...

we have the same child! addy was doing this. then we started something, an old trick, works well....bribery. made a sign with boxes on it, when she got 10 happy faces in the boxes she got _____. she only got a happy face if she didn't whine and cry about school. she did it. now she has a chart with 20 boxes, working towards a new pillow pet! YES it's going to cost us a forture to get her through school, but it makes for peaceful mornings!!! HA HA

Dara said...

If it makes you feel better, Aidan throws an enormous fit when I pick her up thus making it seem like she would rather do anything then be with me EVER.