Wednesday, June 10, 2015

DTLA, hipster paradise

There are hipsters-a-plenty in downtown LA. That place is crawling with slightly dirty, yet still impossibly cool looking people. I was relieved we weren't driving an SUV (or anything) because I'm pretty sure anything other than a Prius is socially unacceptable.

We learned quickly that a restaurant isn't cool unless it has less than 3 tables and/or no seating what-so-ever.

This place was good.
Good grief, look at my giant man-hands! No wonder the hipsters recoiled at the sight of me. I thought it was just because I was old.
We couldn't resist visiting this famous establishment:
Please tell me you recognize the New Girl loft!

 This is how the hipsters spell "more than."
 We stood in line for 45 minutes to eat at this glorious place. If you're going to eat eggs, you may as well have them slutty.
 Of course there was no seating.
This crap was everywhere.
No comment (well, maybe one comment - this bottle of water cost $7):
As over-the-top as DTLA is (see how I'm abbreviating downtown Los Angeles? It's what the cool kids are doing) it was fun and relaxing and I feel I got my yearly requirement of organic foods eaten in one weekend.


In other news, my son made breakfast this morning:
It's safe to assume that nothing on that plate is organic.

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That kid is great! Looks like you like to vacation like I do - picking out all the cool restaurants!