Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Lots of stuff

Things are happening at rapid speed lately. Gone are the lazy days of drinking coffee and watching the kids destroy the house. And I thought I was actually busy back then. The joke is on me.


We spent Easter in Dallas at LTC. Mia signed a song. 
She got a gold, duh.
This LTC thing is a whole new world for me. I was secretly dreading it because in my small little mind it was going to be a giant homeschool convention (not that there's anything wrong with that). 
And I know absolutely nothing about homeschool conventions except that it's where the Duggars go to meet their future spouses. 

 We actually had a blast and I am already looking forward to next year.
If homeschool conventions are anything like this then count me in! 
 This sums up Mia's and Bode's experiences at LTC. Can you guess which one is the introvert and which one is the extrovert?
Bode wore Vans on cowboy day at school. This, and the fact that my kids have their own Starbucks drink, confirms my worst fears - I'm raising Edmondites. There's no turning back now...
I ran a half marathon the other day. 
I have been known to be a bit of an intense running partner at times. 
Thankfully, I found someone that gets it (translation: He doesn't think creating training spreadsheets is annoying.) 
 My freakishly long arm and I had a blast.



4 comments:

Michelle said...

you can join me for burger bash....I'm thinking of entering, you up for that? I'll join you at the half marathon, but I'll be miles behind you...maybe someday I'll get to a decent pace.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I think April is surpassing December as the busiest month of the year. Looks like you had some fun times!

OK Chick said...

I love the Mia vs. Bode LTC picture. It made me laugh.

Good work on the half marathon.

Michelle- I want to join you in the burger bash. I love burgers!!!

Mark Brewer said...

Good thing you found an analytical, obsessive, organized partner who would be both an encourager and hold you accountable at the same time. A fortunate find if I do say so myself.