Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Survival Mode

I'm in it. It's not going well.

If it's not nailed down I'm eating it. I'm bursting into tears with no warning whatsoever. My mind is racing. My eye is twitching. I'm cussing (mostly under my breath or in my head. Mostly.). I tried on seven different outfits yesterday and flung discarded articles of clothing all over the place. I'm making no-bake cookies just to eat the hot goo out of the pot with a spoon. Think post-pardum.

I missed the deadline to enroll Bode in kindergarten.

I took 15 grad hours this semester. It was all fun and games until this week. Now I have finals to take and classes to wrap up. And on Saturday I have 25 minutes to defend seven empirical questions and then my fate is left up to my professors. 

Thankfully, the wise words of a good friend keep ringing in my ears and they are so, so true: Stupider people than me have done all of this and they made it just fine.


8 comments:

Reva said...

You need an AHMO week-end!!!

ann said...

Get it girl! You can do this!

Michelle said...

You are almost done!! Hang in there! ng

Michelle said...

I don't know were that ng came from....

Ryan and Katie said...

You can do it! ( and if you cant there are some good prescriptions that will help you realize you can! )

Wa Wa Waughs said...

One thing - they will never remember you were gone 2 nights a week this past year! Another thing - they'll be proud of their mama! Praying for you girl!

Amanda said...

you can do it! and it'll be worth it when you're all done - promise!

Gena said...

You were prayed for in both kids' prayers tonight. Well, for you and Bode to get your work done. I don't know what Bode's work is other than playing basketball 12 hours of the day.
We love you and are so so proud of you. We are so celebrating next week. Buy you all the Starbucks you could ever want!