Friday, August 17, 2012

First Day, Take 2

Ever since Bode's awesome teachers came to our house to meet him Bode has been ready for school.  And I knew we had chosen the perfect school for him when his teachers, who came to our house to meet him, went back to his bedroom to play basketball with him on his home-made basketball goal Mia designed for him out of duct tape.  These ladies rock.  (Did I mention they came to our house to meet him?  I heart them.)
Today, not only did Bode start "real" school but he also turned five.  He was just slightly excited.
 He planned out his entire day and decided he wanted Mazzio's pizza for his birthday breakfast.  He settled for donut holes.
When Mia started kindergarten I was so distraught I had to ask a Starbucks barista to hand me a kleenex through the drive-thru.  Today, my face mostly looked like this:
 Of course I am a bit nostalgic about my baby going to school, but I am so happy for him because he is exactly where he needs to be.  That gives this Momma so much peace and joy that I just can't be sad.
It also gives me time to go to Starbucks alone study and work more.  Yah, that's totally why I'm excited.
And if your kid is still screaming every time you leave them in bible class, and if your kid bawls for the ENTIRE five hours of mother's day out, and if your kid had to have an assistant from the special needs ministry because they refused to participate in bible class, take heart!  That same kid can march himself into pre-k and not even give you a second glance.

Trust me.

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

OK, is this a regular school now? It's been some different things in the past but it's where I went to Kdg. and all of Edmond at the time!

Glad he went willingly!

Catherine said...

Yup -- heard nothing but good about those ladies. No personal experience, but tons of good heard about them. So glad he is smiling and excited! Will he also be in Pre-K Pond in pm? Caleb is hoping so.

Unknown said...

So cute! The picture where he is turning around, looking at the camera, is TOOOO cute!