Saturday, August 4, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

I mean that quite literally.    

I decided to paint my cabinets grey and lemmetellya, it started to turn me into a crazy person.  I scoured design blogs, hired a designer, made every friend I've ever had come over, and talked to every paint mixer at Lowe's, Home Depot, and Sherwin Williams trying to find the perfect shade.

One shade looked like a jail cell, the next reminded of 0sama Bin Laden's bunker.  One looked like a cinder block, the next like concrete.  And on and on it went until I gave up, closed my eyes, spun myself around in a circle and pointed at one.  

That's how I make most important decisions in my life.  
Anyway, as you can see, some cool things are happening in my kitchen.  I would show you but I'm too busy eating pie fries to actually finish it.  There will be a before and after post very soon.  It may be me before eating 900 pie fries and me after or it may be the kitchen.  I like to keep my readers (Mom) guessing.

And by the way, I have no interest in reading the book.

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I feel your pain - my bathroom cabinets I chose "coffee bean" color but after I painted them they just looked like, well ...you can imagine with a color called coffee bean.

And Pie Fries! We just always called them Cinnamon Sticks. Except we didn't put butter on them. Sounds really good right now!

OK Chick said...

I must try the pie fries!

The Goforths said...

Try Sherwin Williams Aloof Gray SW6197 or Rare Gray SW6199 (if you still haven't decided on one!)

{I'm a friend of Tonya's}