Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dear Bode, People would like you more if you didn't cry so much.

It may sound harsh but it's true.

Bode, we love you. We will always love you because we are your parents and we created you and all. But Sonshine School Teachers, well, they don't have to love you, son. They did not create you or give birth to you or anything like that. They just get paid to keep you happy for 5 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays and you are making their job too difficult and they are probably realizing that they don't get paid enough to deal with you and now they are going to demand a raise and then everything is going to fall apart. Not really, but still.

I just got off the phone with the sweet SSS director lady and I told her to throw down on you. This is your heads up, darling. Either shape up or we are going to have to ship you out. And we need a break from you too so please don't choose the latter.

You are so cute but your teachers can't see your cuteness for all the snot and tears and swollen eyes and stuff. At least dry it up long enough for them to notice the cute little vintage t-shirts I dress you in, for heaven's sake.

Love,

Mom

5 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Summer, your sarcasm keeps my spirits high! Thanks for keeping us afloat with Bode's antics!

Alyssa Siler said...

I need to write a letter to Hayden that is very similar: "...at almost 3 1/2, if you do not stop tinkling in your pants every single time you go on the playground, your teachers are not going to let you come anymore..."
Mine would go something like that.

Alyssa said...

Summer - sweet Bode will love reading this letter someday. You are funny. I'm going to print this letter to give out to other parents who may not think of me as the "sweet director lady".

Gena said...

Bode can cry all he wants to. Just as long as it's not at my house..... ;)

Which he doesn't, I might add.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

This too shall pass...I know, easy to say! I will never forget taking a crying kid to Bible class, and when the teacher reached out for him, he bit her!!! I was mortified!!! Guess what? He doesn't bite the teacher anymore...