Thursday, November 29, 2007

The secret is out...

So I never really told my husband about this blog. But in my defense, he never asked. It wasn't exactly a secret, it was just one of those things that never came up. And, for some reason I only want the entire blogoshpere to know my secrets - not Andy. So he busted me (about my little Starbucks problem, see previous post, I am too lazy to figure out how to link it).

Hubby: Hmmm, where is all of Mia's money? I thought there was more than this in Wilber (the piggy bank)?
Me: No tellin'
Hubby: You don't suppose someone took it, do you?
Me: I don't suppose (trying to look completely uninterested and unconcerned).
Hubby: I can't imagine what kind of person would do that.
Me: I can't even imagine a person that sick.
Hubby: Except maybe yourself - you will replace that money you know.
Me: Who told you?
Hubby: Lots of people. I hope that mocha was worth it.
Me: It was.

There is nothing like a marriage built on secrets, deception, and sarcasm. These are the qualities that will stand the test of time, or at least eight years.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sure hope Clay doesn't go snooping around in places he doesn't belong...like Ethan's piggy bank.

D's Mom said...

"Lots of people" - heh. Well, your blog has fans. :)

Alisha said...

You remind me of Royal Tenebaum -- stealing from your own child. I hope Mia doesn't get you disbarred and briefly imprisoned.

rebeckaoneal said...

men just tell him if he expects you to make it allday he should leave money for the mocha and then you would'nt have to borrow from Mia!!!!!