Thursday, August 9, 2007

Over-the-top Imagination

I'll give you nine million guesses as to what this thing is....You give up? I thought so. This is a snowman complete with a bottom (this was the body part she was the most proud of), arms, hands, legs, body, and face. If you look real close you can....never mind. If you look real close you still can't possibly think this is a snowman, but it is. You may have to be punch drunk and high to see it, but it is there - I assure you. Just don't make the mistake of questioning it to Mia. She is very passionate about her art and may go ballistic on anyone with even the slightest look of confusion on their faces (I speak from experience). Personally, I am pretty proud of this little creation. I know I am biased, but I have seen modern sculptures in reputable museums that I think this could hang with (OK, maybe that is a stretch but I am grasping at anything here).

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well, I don't know what's wrong with you because it looks EXACTLY like a snowman to me! Really the most amazing part is that she's thinking of snowmen in the summer - I think Ethan is a pretty "seasonal thinker."