Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Just Singin' In My Panties




Last night we decided to try and record Mia singing some of her Disney Princess songs in Boppy's studio. This is always a touch and go process as she doesn't normally perform on demand. However, after several attempts she finally sang the "Sleeping Booty" song (I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream) until the very last stanza when she decided to start speaking in tongues. The end of the song sounded like something off of one of those late night televangelist specials.

As for the panties - don't get too excited. She only wears them as a fashion statement and occasionally to humor us and make us think that she really is ready to use the potty. So far today, we are on our fourth pair. I actually just begged her to put on a diaper and end all of this but she refused. She rather enjoys holding me hostage and robbing me of my last stitch of sanity.

Well, I am off. Apparently it is time for the "Beast" (me, ironically enough) to dance with "Belle" (Mia) in the snow (carpet).

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I LOVE it! This is great because now I don't just get the pictures, but the life and times of the Lashley family in prose. It's like having a Christmas newsletter year round. :) Thinking about you and the baby and hoping you're feeling good.