Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I am a church widow.

I take the kids to church by myself (consequently, I also get them ready by myself). I sit alone in bible classes, weddings, all funerals and most church services. Andy works about 12 hours most Sundays, so that's awesome. Many of our vacations are church related. People call my house at all hours of the day and night. One time Andy missed a family Christmas because he was at the church building and couldn't get away.  

But it's really not as bad as it sounds, once you get used to it. In fact, most of the blessings of the job far outweigh the challenges. And having the camaraderie and support of fellow ministry widows makes all the difference for me.  

I had the blessing and privilege of spending three days at a ministry wives conference with these lovely ladies.  We worshipped together, laughed together, and ate our weight in DQ Blizzards. 
We also came across this beauty. You can wear the butt of your jeans on your back for the amazing price of $95. 
 Sadly, being poor ministry widows, there was no way we could afford such a luxury.
 I am so thankful to my church for sending us away together for a couple of days.
 I tell ya, you can get through just about anything with a little help from your friends.

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Glad you have each other! We love you and your overachieving husband!

Michelle said...

How fun to get away! Can I order that awesome outfit online?!?