Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's true, we're expecting

The newest addition to the Lashley family will be here in six to eight weeks. Meet "The Spencer" from this lovely company. Dear Spencer,

I have searched for you for two years now. Know that you have been dreamed of, yearned for, and loved ever since I first laid eyes on you. We all wait in eager anticipation of your arrival. I hope and pray you will adjust to your new life here in suburbia. As wonderful as this place is, I feel I must warn you that there are two tiny little monsters that live here. They resemble big people but are much more disgusting and will probably not appreciate your beautiful, simple modern design. I will do my best to protect you from their grimy fingers and snotty faces, but I can't promise you anything. They are scary little time bombs just ticking away, which is why I insured you for ten years and am confident it will be the best money I ever spent.

All my love,

Summer

5 comments:

Gena said...

Thanks to you, I am beginning to understand mid-century modern a little better. Oh my dear, I wish you luck. The worst things happen to my cars and couches the first week they are in my home. It's like I'm cursed. Hopefully you're not. ;)

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Seriously, my heart dropped for a moment for you...whew! What a beaut!

Kayla said...

Our house looks way overdone with dark leather but it was the only thing I thought my kids could touch and not ruin! Good luck with the new and very awesome looking couch!

Maria said...

I'm in love! That is the most beautiful couch that I have EVER seen!

Candice said...

Awesome couch! Your blog post title should be outlawed....it about shocked me awake this morning...