Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Mother makes my kids cool.

Check out this dress from the Gap: And this dress that my Mom made months before that little Gap thing even came out in stores:
And feast your eyes on this little fall coat she whipped us this past week:
Just look at the back of this coat. I want to marry the back of this coat. The woman has immaculate taste. And thank goodness she does because how awkward would it be if she showed up at my house all proud of something that was hideous? She even throws away things that she doesn't think are perfect.

I (well, technically Mia but really me because we all know a little girls clothing is really all about her mother) am the luckiest person in the world.

11 comments:

Alisha said...

Both of you are lucky girls! Do you think you can get your mom to share her favorite places to buy fantastic fabric?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Mom rocks! I love that little black dress. I want one.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Did your mom teach you to sew? Then you can sew for your grandchildren.

Lauren said...

Does that come in my size??? I want that coat!!!

Michelle said...

Your mom should start a blog...maybe I should learn to sew from her, that's one thing I plan to learn while living in the armpit of america....

Kayla said...

Yes, I want that coat :) Amazing. I would love to take lessons from her too!

Janell said...

I love the stuff she makes! The dress she made for Mia is cuter than the one from GAP. For those that want to know where to get that cute fabric check these designers out:
www.annamariahorner.com
www.amybutlerdesign.com
They both have some really cute fabrics.

Gena said...

Love your Mom. Love that coat. Want both.

Alyssa Siler said...

PLEASE tell me she does special orders for people that are not her grandchildren! Does she sell her stuff?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, she does!

Sada said...

I agree...one of her best!