Monday, June 23, 2008

Sad Irony

My last post is truly ironic as our dog, Ringo, went MIA (more irony) this morning. Does he have on his shiny collar with his name and contact information on it? Why of course not. That would actually be responsible of us and we do have a reputation to maintain. My sweet husband has been driving around for hours looking for him. So if you don't mind, say a prayer...for Andy.

Update: Ringo has been found safe and sound. Andy pulled up with Ringo in the car about 5 minutes ago. Andy had a smile on his face bigger than the day Mia was born (actually, i think that was just the look of sheer terror if I recall correctly. The day Bode was born he wasn't smiling at all, he was still in a state of shock at how many times his sweet little wife yelled, "Oh Jesus..." I still kind of feel bad about that. I really thought I was above that kind of talk. But when the going got tough, I went straight for the profanity. Sad, I know.). Okay, back to the point......Ringo is fine, and my plans for a spotless house free of disgusting pet hair just went out the window.

6 comments:

Alisha said...

I can't hear the name "Ringo" without thinking about a scene from The Beatles Anthology where George recalls being in Paris and noticing "slightly gay-looking boys at the stage door shouting 'Ringo! Ringo!'"

I hope you find Ringo! Ringo!

Mandy said...

What kind of dog is it? You should look on craigslist, there's a missing dog section and that's how my sister found hers when it ran away.

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

When we had a dog, Micah "accidently" left the side gate open. We had joked about that before, but I never thought he would do it. When I found out, I made him hunter her dog. We found her dodging cars on 33rd. I didn't want the dog, but I didn't want to see her hit by a car.

Gena said...

Yeah, I saw the feigned concern on your face and knew exactly what you were thinking. Can't fool me, Sum. ;)

JM said...

We go through this about every 3 days. I can't find the hole but one of our dogs gets out of the fence. Since my car is in the shop I have to put Sophia in her stroller and walk around the block. I always find him but it's getting old.

Drew said...

why must you hate ALL of man's furry friends!?