Monday, November 14, 2011

Opening Night

 I can't believe I waited three days to blog about opening night. 
 That is so not like me.
 But I am quickly learning that Mia's plays also become my plays, which means that Mia's rehearsals become my rehearsals and Mia's tech week becomes my tech week, and, well, you get the point.
The hugging and sheer giddiness of Mia's entourage may or may not have been a tad bit
 obnoxious.  We make no apologies.
 Every single girl in this play has been a blessing to Mia.  
They are non-bratty, non-high maintenance, non-all-things-that-terrify-me-about-tweens.
Instead, they are grounded, mature, talented, unique, intelligent, and comfortable in their own skin.
Just the kind of young lady I hope Mia becomes someday.
And the directors are wonderful women who have taught, shaped, and changed Mia in a completely unique way.
 This experience will be forever etched in her memory.
 And someday when she thinks back she will get that fluttery, excited, nostalgic, I-would-do-it-all-over-again-in-a-heartbeat feeling.
And that brings me such joy.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ack! That's Courtney Wages! That family is one of my favorite families on the face of the planet and if our daughters end up half as great as Courtney, it'll all be ok.

Alyssa said...

I've been anxious to see pictures!! Yay!! I know she is fabulous!

Gena said...

Love.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I saw Shawna! What a great talent! Glad it went well! Some shows are so fun! You never want it to end! Then towards the end of the run, you are ready to kill it.

That was a pretty hyper post until the last sentence. Oh well, I'm leaving it.

Looking forward to seeing Mia perform!

OK Chick said...

Is that my friend Kim? Was she a director? Love Kim!